Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What a Hectic 2 Weeks!





























Hello everybody ... it's been sometime since I blogged last. At the moment, I'm feeling pretty tired and melancholic. You see ... my family is already at Stansted for departure home to Kuala Lumpur at about 5.30pm UK time.... and I am missing them terribly already. Although they were here at a crucial period when I had to also prepare for my upgrade documents ... but their presence somehow made me feel safe that i could focus on my work. I especially miss my little cheeky nephew. Really can't wait to see them again in July. Today, I had also submitted my upgrade documents to the panel ... i really am hoping for the best. So, ... the past 2 weeks have been really hectic BUT productive. My family and I managed to go touring around England and Scotland, I successfully presented my seminar last Friday, my supervisor was happy, I managed to spend quality time with my family and I've submitted my upgrade documents. Like the saying goes ... when the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

So, what have I learned from the past 2 weeks? That family is important and nothing else in this world matters but them; don't think about things too much, focus, settle what is important, pray to God ... and everything will fall in its place. The other thing which has got me thinking is ... if only my family can be with me here in UK ... then my time here would be more enjoyable and less stressful. My sister said she wished she didn't have to return to Malaysia ... yes, I do admit that the UK has its attractions ... but without your loved ones with you ... being here will not be as enjoyable. I miss my family and home in Malaysia terribly already ...
BTW ... here are some shots of pretty early spring blooms which I took at the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment