Sunday, March 27, 2011

Future Plans ...

These few days I've been missing my cat Thomas who is being cared for by my parents in Malaysia. I love cats ... just like my dad. Since I was aware of my existence on this earth, I have never lived without a cat or sometimes cats as pets. My very first cat whom I love and still miss so dearly although I lost him at such an early age ... was called Mimik. It was a mix siamese cat who I always carried around from the moment i woke up till I slept at night. However, sadly, he died after being hit by a car and I can still remember I cried for days for missing him. Every now and then, when I remember him and our adventures together ... the memories still bring a smile to my face. Now back to the present ... Thomas is a mix breed cat with a very gentle and loving demeanor. Whenever I am sad or stressed he seems to sense it and would never leave my side. He often shares our bed at night especially when it is a warm night and we have our air-cond on. He was born sometime in 2002 and my sister found him at the dumpster of the nursery where she was temporarily working after her graduation and brought him back home because he was just too cute. Actually he's one of the kittens of the pakcik whose house was next door to the nursery. My sister had a clear conscience of pinching him because that pakcik had too many cats and Thomas2 mom was a persian cat who was neglected by the pakcik. So ... fast forward to the present ... Thomas has been lovingly cared for by us and is getting on in years. I have now thought about adopting another furry baby after completion of my PhD. I've been looking at the Malaysian cat breeders website to see which breed would suit my lifestyle. In doing so, I think I know what i want to do after my retirement. I would love to be a cat breeder. I would be doing something I love and be sharing my life with the furry gentle creatures who are just ever so loving. By the way ... I wanted to be a vet, but the idea was vetoed by my dad for his silly belief that i would not be able to find employment in Malaysia after my graduation. It's really a shame because I think I would have made a very good vet and I would have also been more globally marketable as a vet. So, moral of the story for those of you who are about to choose your university course ... follow your bliss. You will do your best when you are doing something that you love. So ... in about 11 to 18 years time ... if this blog is still in operation ... I will keep you posted !

No comments:

Post a Comment