Wednesday, May 4, 2011

PMT Rantings

It's been a long time since I blogged last. At the moment my feeling is not settled due to the recent developments in global events and also personal goings on. A few days ago my mom informed me that thieves had tried to enter my house ... the main door was already opened, the lock was not damaged .. but thanks to my home security alarm ... the alarm went the moment the opened the door. The thieves tried to enter my house in the morning at a time when the guards and my next door neighbour were not around. The guards patrolling my residential area are only on duty from 7pm till 7 am and because of the long public holiday, my next door neighbour who is helping to keep an eye on my house was away. This has really intensified my feeling of returning home to Malaysia. There are so many things I need to do ... I need to change the locks of my house, I need to erect a new gate ... I feel violated because that is my home ... my sanctuary ... somewhere where I should feel safe ... but now because of my studies and those bloody bastards thieves ... I am unsettled. It is not easy to try and focus on my studies at the moment. As for recent global events ... well ... Osama's killing, the killing of Ghadaffi's son and grandchildren .. have intensified distrust and prejudice between non-muslims and muslims. I am also worried for the safety of my family and friends who are here in the UK because of the foreseeable ramifications of the recent global developments ... needless to say this has also added to this yearning for home ... although Malaysia is neither as rich nor as developed as the UK ... at least it is safer there (insyaallah) because we are a peaceful country who do not meddle in other countries' business. So, I hate this unsettled feeling and I hate this toxic environment!!

I'm also convinced that I am feeling rather emotional now because of my PMS ... I should be getting my period next week. Still, I do not think my worries are not warranted.

No comments:

Post a Comment